Are you our new IT Infrastructure Architect?
At Lineas you can:
- Work in an open and flexible environment where you can be yourself
- Do things and put your ideas forward
- Contribute to a better environment
- Who are we? We are Lineas, the largest private rail freight operator in Europe. We convince companies to shift the transport of their goods from road to rail. Because that's much better for the climate and mobility. We make this Modal Shift a reality with the best train products and innovative services.
We, the FREIGHT FORCE, dedicate ourselves day after day to the freight transport of our customers. And to really make a difference!
Who are we looking for?
- The Infra architect is responsible for helping the business design and implement complex computer systems and offer infrastructure services.
- He/She will address any issues related to ICT security and performance and have to take charge of the software and hardware installations, specification, testing, and service transition...
- Also, He/She will have to identify the potential technology innovations and engage with businesses. The Infra architect needs to guide in the execution of Incident, Change, Release, Problem, Performance, and Availability Management and will be responsible for the capacity planning for the Projects (and new cap) in the Infra space. He/She also has an advisory function regarding the budgets in the Infra space.
What are your duties?
- Analyze System Requirements: the Infrastructure Architect analyses existing systems to ensure they offer adequate security and are effectively meeting the needs of the organization. They coordinate with all areas of the organization to see that the system is working as optimally as it should. They also analyze business requirements to identify where they can integrate new hardware, operating systems, or connectivity solutions.
- Recommend Alternative Technologies and Improvements: based on their knowledge of IT and their analysis of the systems’ needs, the Infrastructure Architect may recommend alternative technologies or improvements to enhance information systems to support organizational goals. These recommendations are presented clearly and understandably to senior management.
- Lead Design and Review of New Systems: Infrastructure Architects lead the design and review processes for new systems. Together with the domain experts they develop and document the proposed technical design for the integration and implementation of any new software, working across the IT department.
- Plan for Integration: Infrastructure Architects must create detailed plans for the integration of new systems architecture into existing infrastructure. This includes logistical plans for the Operations areas to actually conduct the physical integrations, during which the Infrastructure Architect provides technical direction and support.
- Evaluate Projects: The Infrastructure Architect participates in evaluating the success of the project, identifying best practices and lessons learned. They provide feedback to leadership and incorporate this information into future integration plans.
- Capacity planning: position holder is in charge of capacity and resource management for the infrastructure team for projects and new cap. He/She aligns and manages external and internal team resources for the projects. He/She closely works together with the IT Project Managers. He/She aligns with OPS and CSI to implement procedures to improve quality and efficiency.
What is your profile?
- You have at least 2 years of experience in Infra architecture
- You have excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills (both written and oral; functional and technical)
- You are a team player and have the ability and desire to work with a team of people solving complex problems
- You have demonstrated the ability to learn new technologies quickly on the job
- You have a focus on good solution design with strong attention to detail
- You are able to identify risks and benefits within an IT project guarding the scope
- You are knowledgeable about modern architectural principles
- You know Domain-Driven Design and are able to think systematically when approaching problems and/or requests
- You can motivate and support other people in achieving team- and personal goals
- You have demonstrated experience with a variety of analytical and business intelligence tools
- You have a passion for technology and are motivated to keep up with ever-changing technologies
Lineas stands for diversity. We believe that skills and talent are unrelated to gender, ethnicity, age, social background, sexual orientation, philosophical or religious beliefs, ...
What do we have to offer you?
With us, you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a fast-growing and international company.
You will be part of a team of passionate colleagues who will make the Modal Shift a reality.
You will receive an attractive salary with attractive fringe benefits.
We give you personal training and all the coaching you need to get started.
Afterward, you will be given every opportunity to further develop your talents.
You are allowed to work autonomously and independently of time - even from home or on location when it suits you best.
You will end up in a young and energetic company. Things are moving fast here and a lot is always changing. That opens up permanent perspectives for your career.