You will be part of the Myreas Enterprise Architecture team.
Myreas is a Colruyt Group company: “The home of TOP Enterprise Architects” where strong efforts are made to develop and coach on the basis of a unified Enterprise Architecture methodology and craftsmanship (hard & soft skills).
As a result, Myreas is a unique player in the market and above that the exclusive EA-partner for Colruyt Group.
Within Colruyt Group you are part of the Enterprise IT Architecture team and report to the Head of Enterprise IT Architecture, Wouter Depoortere. Wouter reports to the Director of Colruyt Group, Peter Van Bellingen, who in turn reports to the CEO, Jef Colruyt. The team today consists of 12 EITA's and is growing towards 30 TOP Enterprise IT Architects.
As an Enterprise IT Architect, you take a crucial role in defining, supporting and governing strategic transformations.
WE DEFINE IT
During the shaping of the target operating model with management (C-level), you bring in those elements of the IT Strategy that might influence the outcome of this exercise.
You take the lead in determining the relevant technology investment horizon based on the differentiation nature of the to be delivered business & IT functions.
WE CHANGE IT
After developing the strategic framework and the target operating model, you, together with the Enterprise Business Architect, will define the To Be target of the business and application functions. Subsequently, you will define the projects and their relationships required to deliver the To Be architecture.
You don't do this alone but work closely together with the other member of your core team,
consisting of the following roles:
- Enterprise IT Architect
- Program manager
- Business representative
- Enterprise Business architect
- Change manager
- Representative of the IT Organization
In this way we guarantee a balanced roadmap that takes sufficient account of the various important aspects such as: business priority, change readiness of the organization, architectural optimization, risks, resource availability, dependencies, costs, revenues, timing, ...
In the core team there is NO hierarchy: everyone looks at the proposals from their expertise and it is the goal that the team members
challenge each other to come up with the best solution for the Colruyt Group.
WE GOVERN IT
Once the roadmap is ready & approved you will remain responsible for its implementation:
Together with the program team you will start projects that will realize parts of the roadmap architecture.
In concrete terms, this is done by handing over the mirror role at project level: the IT solution architects are your mirror role on project level.
Next you will continue to follow up on the projects (from an Enterprise IT Architecture perspective) by organizing communities and setting up reviews.
During the implementation phase, it may also be that significant adjustments are still needed to the architecture: e.g. based on feedback from the projects, changing market conditions and/or the annual review of the roadmap.
Finally, during the process, you monitor the dependencies of your roadmap with the other strategic roadmaps of the Colruyt Group.
Tasks & responsibilities
The Enterprise IT Architect has the following responsibilities:
- You create coherence & alignment between the different programs and projects within Colruyt Group.
- You support the various business units and domains in governing the evolution of their Information Systems. Together with Enterprise Business Architects, Portfolio- and Program Managers, you translate these plans into a roadmap with concrete projects.
- You will guide Solution IT Architects in defining the project architecture.
- You review the IT architecture of projects.
- You create reference models for IT architecture.
- You develop, document and provide trainings on architectural methods.
The Enterprise IT Architect has the following responsibilities within a program:
- Defining the scope of the IT architecture (deliverables, approach) within the program so that the program manager can create an integrated plan and a cost estimate.
- Further detailing the target IT architecture at the program level, the necessary transition steps to evolve towards this target IT architecture so that the objectives set by the program owner can be achieved in the most efficient and effective way.
- The development of the roadmap (content wise) and the matching of dependencies with the other programs and projects, so that together they realize the objectives and operating model of the Colruyt Group in the most efficient and effective way.
- The alignment with the Business architecture at the program level so that both, business & IT architecture, are fully aligned.
- The transfer (handover) to the Solution IT Architects of the architecture framework and architectural scope of a specific project.
- The organization of project reviews to validate if the solution IT architecture and the solution IT architecture deliverables are in line with the Enterprise IT architecture at program level.
- The reporting of the Enterprise IT Architecture evolutions, planning and attention points during corporate gate reviews.
- The management of enterprise IT architecture evolutions due to changes like: new strategic goals, new dependencies and new insights from solution IT architecture.
- Supporting the growth in maturity of IT architecture within the program and giving advice/coaching to the Solution IT Architect (at project level)
- The development of the enterprise IT architecture at Colruyt Group level so that the enterprise wide view can be built step by step.
- The validation of the changes to the IT architecture during the implementation of the program so that the objectives and target operating model are set.
- Actively contributing to the functioning of the core team so that the program becomes a success!
- Actively contributing to the community of IT architecture so that the IT architecture of the Colruyt Group becomes more coherent and we, as a group, can learn more quickly.
The Enterprise IT Architect has the following tasks during the course of the program:
- Fixing the scope of the program.
- Capturing a plan of action to create the target IT architecture
- Capturing the IT architecture deliverables and validating them with the IT Architect Responsible for the review of the program.
- Determining the migration strategy to the to-be IT architecture and defining the required steps to move from as-is architecture to the to-be architecture.
- Capture and align the dependencies with the other programs and projects and document them in the dependencies log.
- Coaching and guiding the Solution IT Architect(s).
- Validate the solution IT architecture deliverables and validate whether these are in line with the proposed IT architecture at program level and roadmap.
- Integrating the IT architecture deliverables at program level in the documentation of the Enterprise IT architecture.
- Develop/organize the IT architecture governance at program and project level.
- Monitor that the realization of the program remains in line with the developed operating model of the domain or operating unit, and Colruyt Group.
- Escalate to the Corporate portfolio board and Colruyt Group architecture board (CEO, COO, CIO, Head of Bus. Arch, Head of IT Arch) in case of issues.
- Balance the IT architecture concerns versus the other concerns within the core team.
- Provide advice on all elements of the program (Program management, Change management, IT architecture, Business/IT Resources, ...).
- Take leadership to the stakeholders (business, project teams, ...) on the choices made in the core and program team.
- Being a point of contact for the program.
- If concerns are raised across the various disciplines: ensure that they are discussed in the core team and that a decision is formulated.
- Validating the IT architecture proposals on the community of Enterprise IT Architects.
- Give input and feedback to the colleague Enterprise IT Architects about their proposals.