The NFE Onshore Head Quality EPC2 reports is responsible to ensure the effective implementation of the Project Quality Plan as applied within the Home office of the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Contractor and at Ras Laffan Site.
The Head Quality EPC2 coordinates the implementation of quality systems and procedures and maintains a close working relationship with the EPC Contractor quality team. The Head of Quality provides professional expertise for the execution of project work associated with the LNG storage and loading facilities.
Key Job Accountabilities
• Provides input to the Procurement and Construction Surveillance Programs per the Project Quality Plan (PQP) and supports Engineering Surveillance Program.
• Monitors the effective oversight of Contractors Engineering, Procurement and Construction quality efforts
• Establishes Company surveillance assessment schedules and ensures assessments are conducted timely in manner.
• Coordinates and participates in Engineering, Procurement and Construction phase Quality Audits and verification of follow-up activities.
• Establishes, conducts and records project-specific quality orientation & training
• Reviews and provides comments to Contractor's Project Quality Plans & procedures
• Reviews and provides comments to Contractor's quality audit schedules
• Reviews and provides comments to Contractor’s Quality personnel assigned to the project
• Ensures appropriate personnel review & approve deliverables of EPC Contractor & any sub-contractors (e.g., Plans, ITPs, etc)
• Monitors and measures Contractor’s quality performance.
• Stewards resolution of quality issues and or elevates to PQM as required
• Interfaces with Head of Vendor Quality Surveillance for Equipment and Materials
• Applies extensive hands-on, industry-based experience & knowledge to promote & establish existing systems, processes & procedures within a structured quality framework
• Manages the implementation of PMT Q/IM solutions in a timely & cost-effective manner that compliments safety, cost & schedule
• Promotes and monitors key processes such as Deficiency Reporting (DR), Specification Deviation Request (SDR), Non-conformance (NCR) and Corrective Action Requests (CAR).
• Requires the ability to effectively communicate quality at project & functional level
• Collaborative management attributes are essential across all levels of the organization with an ability to establish & maintain genuine & responsive relationships
• Demonstrates the highest level of integrity in dealing with all parties and communicates concisely in written and verbal context; prepares high quality written reporting
Ensures COMPANY Lessons Learned are implemented and verified
Required Experience / Qualifications
• 15 years’ experience associated with Quality Control & coordination of quality activities within the Oil & Gas Construction Industry.
Preferred: Associates Engineering or Engineering degree Metallurgical, Welding, Mechanical or Science
• Experience with multi-national contractors & vendors, in particular those involved in the construction of LNG production storage & loading facilities
• Strong coordination skills, extensive quality experience in responsible roles on major oil & gas engineering & construction projects
• Experienced in facilitating & coordinating efforts to resolve interfaces issues
• Experience with conducting audits & assessing process-driven quality systems
• Experience with LNG Tank construction and pipe pneumatic testing procedures.
• A thorough knowledge of codes and standards in relation to site construction and working within a structured Quality Management System
Must be capable of positive decision-making & demonstrating a high level of judgement & responsibility