We’re offering not just a company, but a culture:
Urbantz operates on one of the most growing markets, offering a SaaS solution for retail, logistics, and e-commerce - businesses that tremendously accelerated in 2020.
We have been growing fast for the last 5 years - recently Deloitte has listed us among the top 3 fastest-growing start-ups in Belgium.
We’re a team of diverse people who make things happen.
Our culture is built on experimentation, constant development, flexibility, and encouragement of initiatives in an international, English-speaking work environment.
Our mission is to make last-mile logistics more sustainable for retailers and transport operators by improving their operational efficiency. We bring value to the retail and logistics sector by providing better client service and help them save on deliveries.
Your journey at URBANTZ
As a Data Engineer, your goal is to help develop data products and services to give Urbantz and its clients' operational insight, and to integrate them into systems and business processes.
For that you will:
- Implement, influence, and guide data platform development to be highly operable and efficient.
- Collaborate with engineering, product and data science teams to define data requirements for our platform.
- Document in template and guidelines everything about our process to help establish and maintain technical best practices across our team.
- Be responsible for the availability of the data services, the product and data science teams being your customers.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve data provision as a secure, scalable, performant, fault-tolerant service across a multi-cloud architecture.
About our data platform
- Our main data store is MongoDB hosted on Mongo Atlas, but we also use Elasticsearch for some corner-case full-text search needs.
- You are a T-shaped person. You have a strategic appreciation of the data engineering function that complements your own deep topics of expertise.
- Have a demonstrated advanced knowledge of data storage platforms, MongoDB, and at least one RMDBS.
- Some mathematical sophistication and exposure to statistical methods would definitely be a plus.
- Demonstrated experience building and testing data transformation pipelines, converting geo sensor and uncertain input data into reliable analytical information.
- Experience with determining, planning, communicating, and implementing an engineering strategy to clients and stakeholders.
- Have a working knowledge of Continuous Integration, delivery, and deployment approaches
- You have experience building automated infrastructure to deliver and evolve data infrastructure
- You are a strong team player and can use your empathy for the users in their benefits
What’s in it for you?
- A fast-growing company with lots of great challenges
- A permanent contract with a great extra-legal package or a nice long-term freelance contract, depending on where you live.
- Diversity and flexibility, nice colleagues, fun company activities (even for remote people!),...
If you desire to work to make teamwork better: don’t hesitate and apply now!