Electrical Engineer in power generation
About the Challenge
• Deeply understand the functioning principles of electrical systems and electrical equipment in power plants (from the HV grid connection down to the low voltage systems)
• Take charge of design, renovation and optimization studies for electrical systems in power plant, in compliance with local and international standards and regulations.
• Provide high level skills in analyzing technical issues occurring in electrical systems and equipment
• Be able to define the ratings of electrical equipment
• Write purchasing technical specifications for electrical equipment in power plants including turbine generators, generator protections, generator breakers, power transformers, MV and LV motors, AC and DC electrical boards, Safe AC systems, emergency diesel generating sets, cabling,...
• Write functional notes describing the design and operating principles of electrical systems
• Be able to solve high level conceptual and practical issues applying theoretical principles
• Use state-of-the-art calculation software’s when designing electrical systems
• Give challenging comments when analysing technical solutions provided by others (for example by the manufacturers)
• Be solution-oriented, that means propose optimal and well proven solutions considering all technical and economical constraints
• Oversee and verify the technical outputs issued by others
• Take part in factory tests and in the supervision of commissioning tests for electrical equipment or systems
• Keep an eye on changes on the market, best practices as well as advances in electrical/ nuclear standards and regulatory requirements